22 Questions with James
With our team continually expanding, we thought it was the perfect time to introduce our TwentyTwo family with a few questions! This series of blog posts will help you get to know us better and help you learn a few fun facts about everyone on the team. It’s time to meet James!
Get To Know James
1. What is your job title at TwentyTwo?
I am the Operations Manager at TwentyTwo.
2. What do you like to do in your spare time outside of work?
Video games, skateboarding and eating good food with friends.
3. What is your favourite place you’ve travelled to?
Austria in the winter. The mountains are straight out of a movie.
4. Do you have a pet? What are they like?
Yes. I have a small adopted cat who we don’t have a name for. We just call her whatever’s good at the time. She’s scared of everything except me.
5. What is your go-to lunch order at work?
It would be the local Vietnamese chicken and rice bowl.
6. If you could compare yourself to any animal, what would it be and why?
I think a parrot. They’re beautiful but loud and annoying.
7. If there was a zombie apocalypse, which three team members would you want with you and why?
Gabby because she is a cannon fodder and she would trip and fall to save us. I would also take Ashley for her ingenuity and her survival skills. Then, Sarah, my wife, or else she’d yell at me.
8. What trend do you hope makes a comeback?
Fluro. I had a really good time wearing fluro in the early 2000s.
9. What are you currently watching on Netflix?
The Jeffrey Dahmer Files series.
10. How do you motivate yourself when you're feeling stuck or unproductive?
I’m a social person so I like talking to people and telling them my ideas and listening to their ideas and collaborating.
11. Do you have a favourite music artist or genre?
Yes. It would be anything EDM. But ultimately my favourite album is Currents by Tame Impala.
12. What three words would your friends use to describe you?
Crazy, Loud and Hyper.
13. What is something on your bucket list that you haven’t completed yet?
It would be to spend a month in some isolated place without electricity, internet and phones to reconnect.
What Does James Do?
14. What does a typical day look like for you at TwentyTwo?
My typical day starts with asking the team about their day or their weekend. General socialising to get everyone warmed up. Then, it’s emails, meetings, random video creation and misc…
15. What was your first job?
My first job was a Woolworths checkout chick. I really didn’t like it.
16. What is something interesting that you’ve observed while working at an agency?
The highs and the lows when it comes to business and energy. So, it’ll be 2 weeks of insanity and 2 weeks of calm before the storm.
17. Do you have a favourite marketing campaign or ad?
Smith’s Chips Gobbledok. The character goes around stealing people’s chip and it scared me as a child.
18. What is your favourite brand at the moment?
It would be Land Rover at the moment because I really want a new Defender.
19. If you could add one item to the office, what would it be?
A slurpee machine!
20. Do you have any advice or tips for businesses looking to start working with a marketing agency?
Yes. I would say that awareness of your brand is equally as important as direct sales.
21. Best piece of advice for someone looking to enter the marketing industry?
Take any opportunity you can within any business that you would love working with. Opportunity will come to you if you show enthusiasm.
22. What is your favourite thing about working at TwentyTwo?
The people. Our team. As cheesy as it sounds, I love coming in every single day and being friends with everyone.